December 9th is the official International Anti-Corruption Day. This national awareness day was created to raise awareness to the public about the corruption that occurs throughout the governments, political leadership and anything fraudulent that occurs within international communities. Generally, people who are heavily involved in corruption are those who are in higher positions, thus making fraudulent activities not only possible but realistic. These corrupt activities are normally used for personal gain. Many people are under the false impression that this particular type of corruption does not happen within their country. Sadly, this is incorrect. Corruption is a world wide issue and will continue to remain a major issue until the community becomes more involved. This day is filled with advocates that organize events to help educate people worldwide. Some of those events include, speeches, essay competitions, plays, musicals and distribution of flyers and posters.
When countries are corrupt there are many consequences. It creates an unstable government, and creates an economically unstable environment for the country. Most corruption is done through bribery, law breaking, and covering of mistakes. This is a huge problem because those who are placed in high positions, generally are respected and it is extremely hard to set consequences to the actions of certain people. Use this day to educate yourself and inspire others towards standing up against corruption.
Say No to Corruption!
Written By: Te-Shandra Haskett, MBA
- WHAT IS ANTI-CORRUPTION DAY..???
- On Anti-Corruption Day, Ban seeks universal adherence to global convention
- REPORT A CORRUPT ACT HERE!
- THE ANT-CORRUPTION PLEDGE~
- PROTECT YOURSELF & HELP!
- TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL JOINS INTERNATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION DAY
- INTERNATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION DAY: WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
- INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ABOLITION OF SLAVERY!
- INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSON'S DISABILITIES, INFO INCLUDED!
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER DAY!, VOLUNTEER INFO. INCLUDED!
- COUNTRIES WITH THE LOWEST LIFE EXPECTANCY & WHY!
- VISIT OUR WORLD ISSUE SECTION!
"They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity--for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him (2 Peter 2:19)."