Christmas time for those who celebrate it, is one of the most hectic and stressful times of the year. You never know exactly what to buy and with the economy not being in the best position, it can be difficult to find affordable places to shop. Not to mention, sales tax is a killer....well, at least for most of us (VIEW 5 STATES THAT ARE EXEMPT BELOW). Sales tax is the automatic extra money we pay at the time of purchase for a good we buy. This tax can be on clothing, food or any item that you purchase instantaneously. This type of tax is demanded by the state/local government. Retailers are responsible for collecting these taxes at the point of sale and passing it on to the state. The use of sales tax from the government depends on the state. Most states may use revenue for sales taxes for highway maintenance and education. The remainder usually goes to the local government. Certain states and cities may exempt certain items, such as food and medicine. Also, when you make purchases on the Internet, you may be subject to sales tax as well.
5 LUCKY STATES WITH NO SALES TAX....
- 5 STATES WITH NO SALES TAX!
- SALES TAX, INVESTOPEDIA, WHAT IS IT?
- SALES, LOCAL & COUNTY TAX BY ZIP CODE!
- COMMON MYTHS ABOUT SALES TAX!
- WHY YOU MAKE FOOLISH FINANCIAL DECISIONS!?
- WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL CARS! TIPS ON CAR BUYING!
- 5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU BORROW MONEY!
- DOES MONEY MATTER? HOW TO TELL IF HE IS GOING FOR BROKE!
"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed(1 Corinthians 15:51-52)."