With so many different shades of blush, it can get downright complicated to choose a shade of blush that matches your skin perfectly. Wearing the wrong shade of blush can make you look like a clown, but the right shades will enhance your cheekbones and bring you a more "youthful" beautiful glow. So how do you choose the right blush shade for you?
The easiest way to choose the right blush shade is to use the exact same shade that you used on your lips, on your cheeks. Any lip color that looks amazing on you, that same particular shade would look great on your cheeks. In fact, if you are on a budget, it may be best to buy a lipstick and use it as a creme blush.
READ: HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON MAKE-UP "THE LIPSTICK"
DO's AND DON'Ts OF BLUSH!
- DO NOT select a shade of blush that is too dark or too light for your skin. If you are going to choose light versus dark, always go lighter. Lighter brings out a person's natural undertones. Wearing really dark blush has a strong tendency to look overdone. A general rule is, the darker the skin, the darker the blush, vice versa.
- DO try to always go for the natural look. Even if you are using your lip color as a form of blush, do not go overboard with it. LIGHTLY dab blush on the apples of your cheek upwards towards the side of your hairline.
- DO NOT look at a celebrity or a friend and assume that their shades would look great on you. Even though you may have a very similar shade, your undertones could be very different. Celebrities in magazines are often photoshopped. Without seeing someone in person, it would be difficult to gauge what their exact shade of blush would be.
- DO NOT assume that just because you identify yourself as black, Asian, Latina, or Caucasian that everything that is labeled under that category is for you. This is a common fallacy. Different skin tones do require a variety of shades BUT their are multiple people who have to go beyond the products that were made for their ethnicity in order to find a shade that works for them.
- DO go to make-up stores in malls and test different shades. This includes testing similar shades in both creme form and powder form. Colors can look different on your skin depending on the type of blush you use.
- DO recognize that the shade of your skin changes during each season. What looked great on you in the summer, will probably not look as nice during the winter months.
- DO experiment and always ask for assistance.
- DO NOT buy a shade of blush if you have not tested it.
DO RETURN IT, IF IT
DOES NOT WORK OUT!
How to choose a blush!
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. — James 1:17 (KJV)