Cancer takes a huge toll on someone both physically and mentally. It is hard for any of us to imagine what it feels like to be on chemotherapy and radiation unless we have been exposed to it ourselves. One of the biggest side effects of the medication that is given to a patient, is hair loss. Many people go completely bald and it takes them a very long time to grow the hair back. For a woman, this can be one of the most difficult losses she has on her self-appearance physically. It can cause anything from severe depression to a person not recovering completely from their illness. Luckily there is help. There are many organizations that will help provide individuals who are losing their hair at very little to no costs. If you were not aware a wig can cost up to thousands of dollars, so understanding your sources during this time of need is imperative.
It may take some time to find the perfect one, but once you find the wig of your dreams, you will be on your way back to feeling beautiful.
HERE ARE SOME BRIEF TIPS ON FINDING A WIG:
- Understand a style that fits your face. If you do not know, there are always experts who are willing and able to help you.
- Do not feel obligated to wear a wig, if you feel empowered by rocking it bald, then do so!
- It is extremely normal for the majority of women to become depressed about their hair loss. You are not alone.
- Style up your head with stylish scarves.
- Always check your insurance coverage plans to see what they will cover.
- When you are getting better, pay it forward. Donate your wig back again.
- YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
TIPS ON WHAT TO DO
WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR HAIR!
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
OFFERS FREE WIGS!
HOW TO MEASURE
YOUR HEAD FOR A WIG
In addition, there are now "Stimulating Essential Oil Blends" that can be made in the privacy of your own home in order to help regrow your hair naturally. Please review "How to Make A Stimulating Essential Oil Blend For Hair Growth." This website will not only provide extra information on hair loss but it will also provide knowledge on "essential"ingredients with instructions on how to create a serum or blend that will encourage "natural" hair growth. If there are any questions concerning this option please click "OILING POINT."
ADDITIONAL BEAUTY INFORMATION:
- WHERE TO FIND FREE WIGS FOR CANCER PATIENTS?
- AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY!
- AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY PAGE FOR LOCATING EVENTS AND RESOURCES!
- If you are interested in obtaining a free wig, contact ACS at 1-877-227-1596.
- CANCER CARE.ORG
- CANCER CARE.ORG, STORIES OF HOPE!
- FREE WIG PROSTHESIS BANK, Y-ME NATIONAL BREAST CANCER ORGANIZATIONS WIG!
- If you're interested in receiving a free wig, contact Y-ME's 24 hour hotline at:
- 1-800-221-2141 to speak with a peer counselor.
- DUKE CANCER INSTITUTE, SELF-IMAGE PROGRAM!
- WIGS FOR KIDS!
- SUSAN G. KOMEN, THE CURE!
- HOW TO TIE A BANDANA TO COVER HAIR!
- ABOUT DONATING HAIR TO CANCER VICTIMS! STEP BY STEP GUIDE!
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28)."
STAY TUNED FOR MORE
BEAUTY TIPS AT YOUR SERVICE!
Written By: Te-Shandra Haskett, MBA