Whether it's the boy or girl down the street, the college you applied to or the job you did not get, everyone who breathes air in this world has been rejected. Rejection implies that the girl you asked on a date said no. The college that you just applied to sent you a letter telling you that you did not make it in. And it is that job that you thought you did so well in the interview, but they never called you back. Instead, if you are lucky, you may receive a kind letter that says they have found a more suitable candidate for the job. Basically, this is all implying that "rejection" is an extremely common thing that each of us have to face. When it happens to someone else, we often tell them there is something better that will come along. However, when it is your turn, it doesn't feel so good. Let's face it, it downright hurts and if you allow it, then rejection can take away your hope, passion and dreams.
Many people never accomplish their goals in life because they are afraid to go for something for fear of rejection. They don't want to be hurt or shunned away. In other words, they want life to be perfect with everything in place. Here are a few things everyone should know about rejection.
- Everyone gets rejected.
- Without rejection, there is no potential for growth.
- It is okay to cry, but move on and don't waste your time.
- You probably have a "better" and "different pathway then what you expect.
- When you get to where you are going in life, your list of rejections will be a testimony to someone else.
- Never be afraid of other people seeing you get rejected. The fear of what others think will cause you to win out on your blessings.
- The most successful people in the world have been rejected countless times.
- No one EVER get's used to being rejected.
- You are not a loser if you face rejection. Only people who stop trying are losers.
- THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE WAS REJECTED...
"He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised and we esteemed him not
You can strike out number 10 if you would like to and just use the top 9. 1-9 are still applicable. (We do not judge anyone!!) However, for those who do believe in a higher power, remember that no one has ever faced rejection as much as the one who created YOU! Just a quick reminder...
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."
Regardless of what your belief structure is, rejection hurts. It can make you feel lower then dirt and can destroy you. BUT, only if you don't get back up....
Written By: Te-Shandra Haskett, MBA